At least 30 Cameroonians feared drowned en route to Europe


By Amina Hilda


At least 30 Cameroonians are feared to have drowned Monday April 25 in an attempt to cross the high seas through Tunisia to Europe.

According to media reports, they were 30 in total who embarked on the risky journey from Tunisia. Some three persons are said to have survived the perilous journey.

So far, four corpses are said to have been retrieved.

However, the exact number of Cameroonians to have perished in the incident is yet to be made public either by local Tunisian authorities or the country’s envoys’ in Tunisia.

Mimi Mefo Info (MMI)

Recent Posts

Lionnes Indomptables au Palais : les téléphones portables sont interdits

Les Lionnes Indomptables, sacrées championnes d’Afrique au Maroc après leur victoire 3-0 contre le Malawi,…

1 day ago

40 ans après Nyos Paul Biya brille toujours par sa passivité face aux drames dans le pays

Ce 21 août 2026 marque les 40 ans de la catastrophe du lac Nyos. En…

1 day ago

Bamenda Congress Hall Decays as Critics Question CPDM’s Record After 43 Years in Power

North West CPDM militants meeting at Congress Hall Bamenda prior to 2025 presidential vote By…

1 day ago

President Biya Sneaks Back Home After 74 Days Abroad

Archive image of Biya's reception by PM Dion Ngute during his return from a previous…

2 days ago

40 Years After Lake Nyos Disaster, Survivors Still Struggle to Rebuild Their Lives

Desolation around lake Nyos in Cameroon on August 01st, 1986. (Photo by Eric BOUVET/Gamma-Rapho via…

2 days ago

For Stellar Reporting: The Guardian Post Desk Editor Wins Award in US

By Dewah Fabrice Teh Celebrated Desk Editor of The Guardian Post, Mua Patrick, has been…

2 days ago