Two young men are reported to have died in the Bomaka neighborhood of Buea, South West region, after consuming some substances believed to be poisonous.
The duo died earlier today, January 6th 2022, at about 1:00 AM, when one of the victims began to scream, and later died while being rushed to the hospital. The second victim died minutes later under similar circumstances.
Reports have it that the deceased had gone to bed the day before, after consuming a joint evening meal with other family members.
“Both victims are said to be living with a certain woman, Madam Kume, who works at the Buea State Counsel’s office,”
MMI has learned.
While one of the deceased is said to be the brother of Madam Kume’s husband, the other had traveled from the village to learn a trade.
“At the time of death, the mouths of both victims were yellowish and filled with foam,” an eyewitness told us.
It is, however, not clear when and where they were exposed to the substance that claimed their lives. The evening meal they had was in conjunction with other family members, who at the moment have not exhibited any such symptoms or ill health.
Meantime, their bodies have been deposited at the Buea mortuary, pendinging burial.
Poisonous deaths have become rampant in the Buea municipality, with inhabitants fearing for their lives.
Recently, a lady whose name we got as Tatiana died of poisoning, after celebrating her wedding. She had just returned from the US with her fiance.
“People today envy even those who struggle to eat. No one knows what the next door neighbor has in mind, avoid your children from eating outside, in order for them not to fall prey to another man’s trap,” an anonymous adviser said in a viral audio.
Mimi Mefo Info