Cameroonian Playwright Battling Health Complications After Security Torture, Threats

Nfone Nde Zama, a Cameoonian playwright has been battling with nerve problems after receiving constant threats and torture from security elements.

The threats, he says, follow a publication he made before the start of the Anglophone crisis.

The artist has been battling with the health complication for close to two years.

Nfone who is author of a play titled “Generation of Destruction” published in 2013 says he developed the health complication after he was beaten and tortured by elements of Cameron’s elite force, the Rapid Intervention Battalion (BIR) in Bamenda, Chief Town of Cameron’s restive North West region in 2017.

Nfone noted that security forces accused him of writing and publishing ‘a hand for the revolution’.

Based on the accusations levied him by the military, Nfone attests that his house was burnt and his 22-year-old son equally accused of being a member of the non-state militia group popularly called ‘Ambazonia fighters’.

He went further to state that his innocent child was later shot dead on October 27, 2018 by soldiers of the Cameroon army in Mankon, Bamenda, an assertion Mimi Mefo Info cannot independently confirm.

The author stresses that the play demonstrates the origin of all societal ills which he says originate from poor leadership.

“Security services in Cameroon began threatening me when students of the University of Buea staged the play.The police since then have called and questioned me several times. To them, the play mirrors the Cameroonian society today with the Anglophone crisis,” Nfone revealed to Mimi Mefo Info while indicating that the book was written and published in 2013 even before the start of the crisis.

Nfone said beside threats from the security service, he is under social media attacks from some top hierarchy of the ruling Cameroon People’s Democratic Movement, CPDM Party.

Mimi Mefo Info

+237679135573

Mimi Mefo Info (MMI)

Recent Posts

Lionnes Indomptables au Palais : les téléphones portables sont interdits

Les Lionnes Indomptables, sacrées championnes d’Afrique au Maroc après leur victoire 3-0 contre le Malawi,…

16 hours ago

40 ans après Nyos Paul Biya brille toujours par sa passivité face aux drames dans le pays

Ce 21 août 2026 marque les 40 ans de la catastrophe du lac Nyos. En…

19 hours ago

Bamenda Congress Hall Decays as Critics Question CPDM’s Record After 43 Years in Power

North West CPDM militants meeting at Congress Hall Bamenda prior to 2025 presidential vote By…

22 hours ago

President Biya Sneaks Back Home After 74 Days Abroad

Archive image of Biya's reception by PM Dion Ngute during his return from a previous…

2 days ago

40 Years After Lake Nyos Disaster, Survivors Still Struggle to Rebuild Their Lives

Desolation around lake Nyos in Cameroon on August 01st, 1986. (Photo by Eric BOUVET/Gamma-Rapho via…

2 days ago

For Stellar Reporting: The Guardian Post Desk Editor Wins Award in US

By Dewah Fabrice Teh Celebrated Desk Editor of The Guardian Post, Mua Patrick, has been…

2 days ago