Mouvement Democratique de Conscience National, MODECNA has said though it will be participating in the National Dialogue, the ideal place for the discourse would have been in Bamenda, ‘the people’s place.’
Other aspects it added should include the discussion of the form of state and the process should be moderated by the African Union.
With regards to the content and substance of the dialogue, the party’s president, Bruno Deffo who is also ally to incarcerated MRC leader, Maurice Kamto notes that among top resolutions should be a general amnesty.
“We propose that the content and the substance of the debates be structured on the following important points:
1) The form of the state which constitutes one of the recriminations of the secessionists. We propose a federation of states corresponding to the current regions.
2) A general amnesty for all Cameroonians from the diaspora and the interior who are being prosecuted for political reasons (post-election crisis following the last presidential election).
3) The commitment of the State to the reconstruction of public buildings, schools, individual houses destroyed by the war.
4) The creation of welcome camps to temporarily house those whose houses have been destroyed.
5) The revision of the electoral system: the electoral code, ELECAM, and in particular the modification of the voting age,” he said in a statement.
Bruno Deffo, President of MODECNA who backed Maurice Kamto’s candidacy in the 2018 presidential election has criticised the regime calling for his release.
He also called for the setting up of a National Transitional Council to monitor resolutions arrived at during the dialogue.
Mimi Mefo Info