Parents and relatives of 5-year-old Illian Bambole are unconsolable following the death of the toddler. Her demise is said to be linked to a horrible hospital gaffe.
A report on Equinoxe pidgin Facebook page recounts that the little girl was induced with an overdose injection, which she consequently never woke up from.
The incident is said to have occurred today in Douala, Littoral Region at a private hospital
The girl was reportedly brought to the hospital to be treated after she complained of a hearing problem.
The doctors are said to have informed the parents that the girl will need to undergo an operation for her problem to be resolved.
During the procedure, Illian Bambole was injected with anesthesia, but she failed to regain consciousness after the operation.
Full of rage, Illian’s father is said to have gone on rampage, breaking hospital belongings as he mourned his daughter.
He was ferried off by the police who have kept him in detention ever since.
Hospital hierarchy meanwhile have disowned the doctors who carried out the operation, claiming they had only begged to use their laboratory.
Mimi Mefo Infos