A fire outbreak that occurred in the Eseka market, in the Nyong-Et-Kelle Division of Centre Region has left a good number of business persons hopeless.
The incident broke out at about 1 a.m. on November 30, 2022, following the explosion of a gas bottle in a restaurant.
According to reports, about 13 shops were reduced to ashes in the course of the fire outbreak.
“We are in pain. I can’t really tell how much we have lost but know that the material loss is enormous,” a victim of the fire outbreak revealed, adding that, “we just saw our lifetime savings destroyed.”
Sylvain Moise, Mayor of Eseka visited the scene of the incident a few hours later. He appreciated the prompt support of the armed forces and equally promised that measures would be taken to remedy the situation.
Despite the huge material loss, no loss of life was recorded in the incident.
By Amina Hilda
The Mimi Mefo Info Team, (MMI) appreciates all your constant support.
We are driven by the fact that you remain our only source of inspiration, as we continue to gather, write and publish stories without fear or favour.
These are, however, very trying times for several journalists, especially for MMI whose reporters have to brave all the odds to work remotely for fear of reprisal attacks.
That’s why we continue to ask for your constant support.
How to support us!
*Please share our website link with friends and loved ones daily
*You can also support our dynamic team working day in and day out to keep you up to date, with any amount.
Use the following payment methods:
Mobile money: +237679135573
Bank Transfer: Account name: MIMI MEFO INFO LTD
Intermediary bank SWIFT: BARCGB22 (only use if required by sender bank)*