The General Certificate of Education (GCE) Board has officially commenced the registration process for the upcoming examinations and has released comprehensive guidelines to facilitate the registration procedure.
In an official radio announcement dated November 1, 2023, Interim Registrar Ndi Bernadette Frinwie formally declared the launch of the registration process and issued directives for prospective candidates.
The radio announcement confirms that the registration portals were officially opened on November 1, 2023, and the registration window will remain accessible until Friday, February 23, 2024.
Alongside the announcement of the registration launch, several rules and guidelines were outlined by the GCE board management:
- Registration Deadline: The GCE board emphasizes that after February 23, 2024, the E-Registration software will automatically cease to accept new registrations.
- Commencement of Registration: The registration process must commence at the designated examination centers, where candidates will receive temporary Candidate Identification Numbers before proceeding with the payment process.
- Payment Method: Registration fees for the 2024 Examinations remain consistent with those of the 2023 session. All payments must be made exclusively through MTN Mobile Money by the candidates themselves. It is mandatory for candidates to present their transaction receipts from MTN Cameroon at their registration center for validation.
- Timetables and Receipts: Upon successful validation of their entries, candidates will receive printed Receipts and Individual Timetables instantly. Center Chiefs and Proprietors are instructed not to withhold these documents for future issuance under any circumstances. Candidates are only permitted to sit for subjects that appear on their Individual Timetables.
- Registration Form Stamping: The stamping of Registration Form G3/13 for the 2024 registration exercise must adhere to the guidelines set forth in Reference Letter No. 00007669/MINFI/DGI/DRVFC/SDVF/BC dated September 21, 2023, by the Ministry of Finance. A fee of 1500 FCFA will apply.
- Marking Application: Applicants interested in participating in the marking of the 2024 GCE Examinations are required to apply through MTN Mobile Money. Failure to apply will result in disqualification from participation in the 2024 marking exercise.
While the radio announcement outlined the registration process and associated guidelines, it did not specify the official start date for the public examination. In previous years, GCE examinations typically commenced around June 28 or 29.
It is worth noting that the GCE Board has recently experienced a change in leadership following the passing of its fourth registrar, Dang Dominic Akuh, on September 25 at the Mount Mary Hospital in Buea. The Cameroon GCE Board, headquartered in Buea, was established in 1993 and plays a significant role in the nation’s educational landscape.