Dreaded separatist commander of the Marine Forces of Bambalang, ‘General No Pity’, has resurfaced after months of absence from public view, stating that he had just survived an attack by soldiers on Thursday, January 26.
In a video released on on social media, No Pity claimed he “repelled about three truck loads of soldiers from penetrating his fief Bambalang in Ngoketunjia Division of the Northwest region.”
The video done by No Pity amid his spectating fighters showed strands of blood, which he claimed, in a voice over, came from military officers he and his boys killed in the course of the attack.
He also showed a pistol and a cap he said had been abandoned by retreating soldier during the attack against him.
He claimed he had inflicted several casualties on them, but MMI has not been able to verify this claim.
“The next time you come in search for No Pity know that No Pity is always alert… Tell your masters that the No Pity you are looking for is more than a memory card that has fallen into dust,” he said.
Mbashie Clement, who calls himself “No Pity”, and his group have killed several Cameroonian soldiers in multiple attacks.
He has also suffered several losses and at one time it was rumoured he had been captured but this turned to be false.
His militia is one among several separatist groups fighting to break away the Northwest and Southwest Regions from Cameroon.
The conflict that is in its sixth year now started in 2017, after the separatists declared the independence of the new break away state Ambazonia.
Humanitarian organisations have reported that at least 6,000 people have been killed and over 1 million others displaced since confrontations started between armed separatists and the Cameroon military.
By Tata Mbunwe