By Soulemanu Buba
Two children belonging to a driver plying the Bamenda-Awing road have died after eating supper on Tuesday breaking Wednesday October 19, 2022 in Awing village, Northwest Region of Cameroon.
The food was prepared by their mother whose condition is yet to be disclosed. It is not clear if she ate the food or not.
We garthered that four others are also being treated for suspected food poisoning in a health facility in Bamenda.
The family reportedly ate Cassava and vegetables before retiring to their beds. “They started complaining of stomach ache which soon led to the death of two of the children. The remains of the food have been kept for further findings,” said Tanyi Edwin, a native of Awing.
The Mimi Mefo Info Team, (MMI) appreciates all your constant support.
We are driven by the fact that you remain our only source of inspiration, as we continue to gather, write and publish stories without fear or favour.
These are, however, very trying times for several journalists, especially for MMI whose reporters have to brave all the odds to work remotely for fear of reprisal attacks.
That’s why we continue to ask for your constant support.
How to support us!
*Please share our website link with friends and loved ones daily
*You can also support our dynamic team working day in and day out to keep you up to date, with any amount.
Use the following payment methods:
Mobile money: +237679135573
Bank Transfer: Account name: MIMI MEFO INFO LTD
Intermediary bank SWIFT: BARCGB22 (only use if required by sender bank)*