Pascaline, a tomato vendor at the Limbe Mile 4 Market and two others have lost their lives under unclear circumstances.
Sources say their deaths are attributed to suspected food poisoning.
“She prepared a pot of beans and one of the children told her that Mukap (a pesticides used on crops) has fallen on the lid of the pot. She just wiped it with the impression that it has not entered the pot,” the source narrates.
Seven of them ate the food and three of them died. “She died with the son and the neighbor’s son. The other four are in the hospital and are responding to treatment,” said a source.
A similar incident occurred in Kumba weeks back where kids of the same family lost their lives after eating potato porridge.
Mimi Mefo Info