A suspected case of food poisoning has left four dead and others hospitalized in Likomba, a neighborhood in Tiko, South West region.
Sources say the victims, three kids aged 7, 8 and 15 died alongside an old woman who prepared the leftover food that they ate.
After warming the food in the morning before going to the farm, the woman is said to have erred as she tried adding oil in the food.
Sources say she mistakenly used a chemical use to spray grass thinking it was cooking oil.
The three kids after consuming the food passed out and died while being rushed to hospital. The lady too reportedly died on her way to the farm.
Four other kids who shared the same meal are said to be in hospital at the moment.
Mimi Mefo Info