Four members of the same family: a mother and her three children have reportedly died in the Nsam neighborhood in Yaoundé after consuming rice and pork.
Those familiar with the story say that the food was cooked by a 22-year-old who equally died along with her mother and two siblings.
It is increasingly obvious that the pork was somehow poisoned. The lone survivor, the grandmother of the deceased children could not chew the pork because her teeth are not strong.
With four members of the family dead, including the girl who prepared the dish, it is still unknown how the food got poisoned in the first place. The police have however opened an investigation to uncover the mystery behind the tragedy.