Buea: fire incident renders family homeless

A house has been razed to ashes this evening in Bona Lyonga, a neighbourhood in Buea.

All efforts by neighbours and passersby to rescue the house or items from it failed. Moments after the incident, details on the possible cause of the fire are being brought to light.

The wooden house harboured a woman and her children in one section and a local drinking spot in the other MMI is told. Primary speculation that the incident might have been caused by a gas bottle is being dismissed.

A witness w says “no gas bottle was used in the house. It seems someone smoked a cigarette and threw the remains on the wall before it caught fire.”

“The whole building” the witness adds “was brought down”.

Official reports are however yet to state the exact cause of the fire.

Mimi Mefo Info

+(237) 6791 35573 contact@mimimefoinfos.com Donate

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close