The United Nations Development Programme, UNDP, has called for Cameroonian youths from four regions interested to benefit from it’s capacity building and installation support to apply as applications close today.
The UNDP program will support 500 young entrepreneurs who have been negatively affected by the Coronavirus pandemic from the Southwest (100), Centre (150), Litoral (150), and West region (100).
The UNDP says deadline for applications is today, November 3, at 11:59pm applications submitted after the deadline will be rejected.
“This call for applications is part of the UNDP response to the socio-economic effects of Covid-19 in Cameroon. In particular, it is for UNDP to support the Government of Cameroon in its efforts to create decent employment opportunities and restore jobs for women and young people affected by the pandemic, by improving their employability, facilitating the development of entrepreneurship and vocational training in sectors with high potential for economic growth (agriculture and agro-industry),” UNDP states.
Conditions for applications
The UNDP says an applicant must meet the following conditions before he/she is eligible to apply or benefit from the scheme:
- Young people (men and women) with the age between 18 and 35 years old;
- Adult women between the ages of 36 and 55;
- Reside in one of the target areas of the project;
- Being affected by the COVID-19 pandemic (loss of a job, stoppage of business activities,decrease in turnover);
- Not receiving any financial assistance for their project or having no other source of income (situation of proven vulnerability);
- Be the bearer of a business project in the agricultural and agribusiness sector (at the idea phase or experimentation) or promoter of a business less than two (2) years old in said sector.
- Propose a feasible (feasibility) and viable project
- Particular attention will be paid to the project’s capacity to create direct jobs and
How to apply
Directly complete the application form available online via:
NB: For pre-selected candidates, supporting documents for certain criteria (age, residence, etc.) will be required before finalizing the selection process.
Deadline for submitting applications: November 3, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (Cameroon time). Any application submitted after the deadline date and time, will be considered void and will not be considered account.
*Female candidates are strongly encouraged
Web contacts: http://www.cm.undp.org email address: email@example.com
According to the World Bank 27 million people in sub-Saharan Africa risk becoming extremely poor and GDP could fall from 2.4% in 2019 to between -2.1 and -5.1% in 2020.
About 20 million jobs also risk being lost in many countries of this region among them Cameroon.
The UNDP programme is carried out in collaboration with the Cameroonian Ministry of Youth and Civic Education (MINJEC); the Ministry of Women Empowerment and the Family (MINPROFF) and the Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprises, of the social economy and crafts (MINPESSA).