By David Atangana
A family has been rescued from a ravaging fire in Bonaberi, Douala, economic capital of Cameroon.
They were reportedly pulled out of a building that went up in flames on Sunday February 4, 2023.
Sources say poor electrical connections, caused the ravaging flames which reduced several apartments to ashes.
“…………a fire outbreak erupted this Sunday morning in my house because of on and off power supply,” said a victim of the incident who added that, “………… at 4:00am, lights went off here in Bonaberi and the fire engaged from the ceiling.”
According to eyewitness accounts, locals intervened rescuing a family that was stuck in the fire.
“Other neighbours were stuck in the fire because their door could not open anymore… We had to break the walls to remove them from their house,” recounts a witness.
No human life was reportedly lost but huge material damage was recorded.