The tragedy occurred today in the early hours of the morning in the Dombé District in the South Region.
A mother, Nango Helene, and her 6 years old daughter, Rachidatou got completely calcinated in a fire which equally consumed the entire house as they slept.
Media reports say that the fire started from a gas plate that Nango Helene’s husband had lit to probably prepare for breakfast. The fire from the gas plate allegedly started extending its flames out of the gas cylinders.
In a bid to salvage the situation, the husband tried to disconnect the gas bottle so that he could take it outside. As miscalculated as that turned out to be, he made it worse rather, causing a massive leap of flames which then quickly spread to the entire house.
The woman and her daughter who were in bed meanwhile had little time to escape their wicked fate and got completely charred in the fire, together with every single house property. The Fire Fighters brigade was alerted, but they arrived at the scene too late to save anything out of the fire.
Mimi Mefo Info