Two things are vital if you want to apply for scholarships: the information and a plan. What I will do here is give you the information, and then you make the plan.
Ten scholarships have been announced this week from nine countries; the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Belgium, Hong Kong, and Singapore. These scholarships can be divided into two main categories; fully-funded scholarships and partially funded scholarships.
Fully funded scholarships: These are scholarships where the scholarship provider takes care of all the financial expenses you will need to complete your studies. This usually involves; tuition, book allowance, flight fare from your country to the study destination, and a monthly stipend. The fully-funded scholarships this week are;
- The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA): This is a Ph.D. program offered in collaboration with the Agency for Science, Technology, and Research, the Nanyang Technological University, the National University of Singapore, and the Singapore University of technology and Design. The deadline is scheduled for 1st January 2021https://www.learnhowtogetascholarship.com/single-post/singapore-international-graduate-scholarship-i-scholarships-for-international-students
- The Académie de Recherche et D’enseignement Supérieur (ARÈS) Scholarship: It is a scholarship that covers both academic master’s programs and training courses for professionals. Grantees will be able to study in any of the educational institutions within the Wallonia-Brussels Federation. The deadlines for the scholarship are 15th January and 5th February 2021
- The American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship: This scholarship targets high achieving international students who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in the USA to return home at the end of their study period to effect change within their communities. The American University in Washington DC hosts it. The deadlines are 15th December 2020 and 15th January 2021
- The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship: This scholarship targets outstanding students worldwide who wish to pursue higher education in Canada. The University of Toronto hosts it, and about 37 slots are available. The deadline for the scholarship is between 30th November 2020 and 18th January 2021.
Partially funded scholarships: These are scholarships where the scholarship provider takes care of some of the financial expenses you will need to complete your studies. You will have to cover the rest of the funding by yourself.
- The Hong Kong PhD. Fellowship Scheme: This is a scholarship made possible through Hong Kong’s Research Grants Council. The scholarship is administered in partnership with eight universities in Hong Kong. They include; City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Baptist University, Lingnan University, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, the Education University of Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, and the University of Hong Kong. The deadline is 1st December 2020.
- The Aarhus University Scholarship: The Danish state funds this scholarship. It targets high performing students in the arts, business, social sciences, natural sciences, technical sciences, and health fields. The deadline for the study program is 15th January 2021.
- The Excellence Scholarship and Opportunity Program/ETH Scholarship: This scholarship supports students who wish to pursue their master’s degrees in Switzerland. It is hosted at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology. The deadline for applications will be 15th December 2021.
- The International Program Office for Education and Training (IPOET) Scholarship: The scholarship is funded by the Swedish Council for Higher Education and hosted at the Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden. It targets non-EU students who intend to pay tuition fees. The deadline is 15th January 2021
- Trent University Scholarship: All students applying to Trent University are automatically considered for this scholarship. The scholarship amount ranges between 1,000 and 3,000 dollars. The deadline for the scholarship is 15th February 2021.
- GSK Scholarships: The scholarship targets next-generation leaders in global health to train and strengthen their capacity to respond to health-related issues on the African continent. It is hosted by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Médecine. The deadline is Sunday, 28th February 2021.
If you are interested in any of the scholarships listed above, go to the website and get more information. Make a checklist of all the required documents and use it as a guide. Making a checklist will ensure that you neither forget any requirement nor miss any step. To measure progress, put a checkmark after each document is gotten or each step is completed. Pay attention to the deadlines as you go along. Good luck!
Presented by Sylvie Watikum
She is the founder of the learnhowtogetascholarship.com blog
She has been interviewing scholarship grantees since 2016.
You can find her on Twitter @yourstruly_cv or on Facebook @scholarshipsolutionz