An 89-year-old woman called Mama Ebot and her seven-year-old grandson, Macxy have been burnt to death in Buea.
This was as a result of a fire that broke out in a house constructed with the use of blanks locally called ‘karabot’ in a quarter opposite the Molyko Omniport stadium.
Sources say the incident happened at about 2:00AM on Monday February 8th 2021.
Reacting to the incident, a neighbour says “the noise from bars around prevented us from getting the sound of incident. We realised late when the flames had already engulf the building”.
David Munda, one of the boys who attempted saving the woman says “I saw a big light sparking from the electric meter. I couldn’t enter the house again. It’s later we noticed that Mama and little boy died there”.
The cause of the fire incident is expected to be made public at the end of an investigation opened by the security services.